Sunday, April 9, 2017

Saturday

Got up this morning, went to work for half a day, got out, came home, had lunch, and immediately fell asleep for 4+ hours. I thought I'd take a short nap, but apparently my body had other ideas. I've been complaining about being tired all week, so I guess I must have needed the extra rest.

Once I was awake, I finished reading Farmer Giles of Ham. It's an excellent read, very Tolkien with the feel of an old fable, and surprisingly evocative of all things medieval and fantasy. Somewhere between Ivanhoe and Arthurian legend, I'm glad to have finally gotten around to it.

I had dinner with the wife and watched Counting Cars for an hour, decided that the next car I spend money on will be a classic American muscle car appropriately restored, and figured a shower was in order.

Finally, at about 10:30, I sat down and opened up the story to get some writing done. I hoped to finish it tonight, but that didn't work out. I did, however, write more than 4000 words between 10:30 and 1:30. The story has blossomed to over 40 pages, and even with what I want to edit and cut it will be 30+, but I'm happy with that.

Most importantly, the streak is intact, and I've proven to myself that I can write for longer sessions when I am well rested. I just have to keep working on getting this sleep schedule in line and I'll be feeling good.

I have no school work that is pressing this weekend, so the plan is to get a good night's sleep and then get up and finish the story tomorrow. Then, I'll do a quick edit and cut where I already know it is needed, and sometime Monday I will post it here.

I failed at the exercise thing again today. It's starting to bother me, so I have to make time for it. I'll get it done tomorrow. The first step is always the most difficult to take.

Fiction word count tonight - 4006
Fiction words count April - 12600
Blog word count tonight - 347
Blog word count April - 4808