Friday, April 7, 2017

Thursday

Short blog tonight, 'cause I'm tired.

Got up and went to school all day. Got in a walk between classes, and also a nap.

Came home, ate dinner, played some Rocket League on stream, as well as some CS:GO and Diabl0 3. Streamed for about an hour and a half, just because I had the time and I felt like it.

My plans for Friday night fell through, so I decided to finish the story then rather than tonight.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the streak I have going, I might have taken the night off writing. I'm glad I have the streak, though, because when I miss a day of writing, it's always difficult to get back.

After streaming, I watched Impractical Jokers and the second half of Deadpool. Damn good movie, but that didn't keep me from falling asleep on the couch.

Woke up, realized I had to get at least a thousand words in to keep things moving, and sat down to do so. Again, that;s a big change for me, and a good one. I was already procrastinating a bit on the writing, and I can't tell you how many times in the past I have just gone to bed in that situation, figuring I'd make it up the next day. The thing is, I almost never do, which is why for the past twenty-five years I've done everything but be a writer.

No more. I sat down and got to writing. I had a moment of not knowing how to continue the story, but I told myself that there was no wrong way to go, and the best thing to do was move the plot along, so I did.

1233 words later, and I'm damn happy with the words I wrote tonight. The story has come together, and tonight was the first time I didn't feel like I'd have a lot of cutting to do.

So, I kept the streak alive, including this blogging streak, which is at five days now.

Tomorrow, I work all day, but in the evening I have no plans. That means I will be sitting down with the intent of writing until the story is done. I may not make it, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Fiction word count tonight - 1233
Fiction word count April - 7247
Blog Word count tonight - 394
Blog word count April - 3799