Friday, April 14, 2017

Thursday

Class today, then homework, then a nap, because I didn't sleep well last night. Woke up, had dinner, watched some television, and got to writing around 10:30.

Wrote for an hour and a half and finished short story #2. There are minimal edits to be made. The story clocked in at 4108 words, and is the beginning of a series. I'm not sure how I'll approach it yet, though I expect there will be several shorts and eventually a novel, or perhaps just a collection of the stories that forms a longer work. In any case, it's done except for edits, and I have some background writing I'd like to do for it to figure some things out. That can wait, though.

Work tomorrow, and then plans to go out, so writing is suspect. I'm going to try to start something new longhand on my lunch break and see how that goes. If not, no biggie.

Fiction word count tonight - 1588
Fiction word count April - 20012
Blog word count tonight - 169
Blog word count April - 6409