Thursday, April 13, 2017

Wednesday

Woke up with a mild hangover this morning, which was to be expected. I started the day drinking plenty of water and catching up on some Netflix before I transitioned to homework. After I ate some lunch, I was feeling fine, if a bit tired. Getting old sucks.

More homework in the afternoon, and then spend a couple of hours finishing the Iron Fist series. It wasn't good, but I didn't find it as bad as the reviews say it is, either. Mostly, I felt compelled to finish it to keep up with the continuity and prepare for the rest of the Defender shows in the Marvel Universe. I'm hoping they bring things together sooner rather than later.

Played a couple games of Rocket League and a couple games of Hearthstone, and then figured I'd better get some writing done, so I opened up the story from Monday night and put on some music and got to it.

Wrote for an hour and a half and wrote about 1500 words. The story is two-thirds done already, and I know where it's going now, having thought about it a lot yesterday. I went back and cleaned up a few things, too, since I had no idea what I was even writing about on Monday. Now that I know the story in my head better, there were things that needed fixing before I moved on.

I'll probably finish the story tomorrow night. Still have to get to editing the first story, which will most likely have to wait for Sunday at this point. I'll get to it though.

So, yeah, I was able to take a day off writing and then get right back to it tonight. I wasn't too worried, but it still feels good to have not gone down that road. Honestly, I didn't intend to take last night off, but I was a bit too drunk when I got home to do anything but go to sleep.

Fiction words tonight - 1483
Fiction words April - 18424
Blog words tonight - 339
Blog words April - 6240